Saturday, June 7, 2014

I was charge 1 USD multiple times on Itunes Store

The following is my email sent to Itunes which is self-explanatory and their prompt reply.

I was charged USD1.00 twice because I hit the "DONE" button twice when registering my payment method. I hit the "DONE" button twice because it did not seem to work the first time. I tried the third time and hit "DONE" but it still does not seem like it was working but I was again charge USD1.00

So I tried to purchase something just to make sure my payment method was working. I end up purchasing something i did not want but at least I was sure it was working properly. So, I got charged USD1.00 three times and for the app that I did not wanted was USD2.99

Can Apple do anything to help with my problem. I know it sounds small, but compared to our currency, I am loosing lots of money. I have screen shots to show proof.

Thanks.

Famie

After 24 hours....

Hi Famie,

Welcome to iTunes Store Customer Support. I'm Manuel, your iTunes Store advisor and will be very glad to help you on your concern.

I understand that your iTunes Account got charged for 1.00 USD multiple times.

I appreciate your desire to get this resolved, and I will certainly do my best to provide you with all the information available to me.

I've checked your account's purchase history but do not see acutal charges of 1.00 USD on your account's purchase history. This brings me to believe that these charges were most likely caused by what we call the Credit Card pre-authorization hold.

When you update your billing information, the iTunes Store will place an authorization hold on your credit card to verify your account information. You might see this authorization request on your online statement. This is not an actual charge, it is simply a test to confirm that your credit card account is active and has credit available to accommodate transactions.

Authorization requests are automatically removed from your account by your financial institution. The amount of time it takes to remove authorization requests varies by financial institution. If you have any questions about the way your financial institution handles authorization requests, please contact their customer service department.

If you have further concerns, please don't hesitate to contact us again any time. Remember, I'm only an email away. We appreciate your business. Have an awesome day!

Sincerely,

Manuel
iTunes Store/Mac App Store Customer Support

Please Note: I work Tuesday-Saturday, 9:00AM-6:00PM EST

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do leave a comment. If you hate me... leave two.